Discovering Vegetables – A Vegetarian Cookery Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Vegetarian food is something that we are both passionate about. We cook it at home for our families and have always loved teaching and talking about healthy eating and healthy cooking. Raised on vegetables from her father’s three allotments, Carol can cook just about any vegetable she is handed over the garden fence. Miranda was raised on vegetables, grains and pulses and designed the vegetarian and vegan menus in the kitchen she set up across the road at The Firehouse Somerset.
On this course we teach how to peal, chop, cook and season some delicious vegetarian dishes packed full of flavour. Depending on the season, what we have foraged and what we have collected from our kitchen gardens, we vary the recipes. We love teaching some herb dressings that pack a punch on a warm lentil salad. A rich tomato sauce to go with some seriously good spiced squash, butter bean and leek patties. We have some original beetroot recipes up our sleeve. We make little vegetable parcels made with vegan pastry, vegetable rolls using a rough spelt puff to die for and more. If you want to learn how to make fresh pasta with some incredible vegetable fillings and a sage brown butter, or if you want to make some new soups and vegetarian tarts to add to your repertoire, you name it, we teach you how to make, it. Vegetables are our thing. We are The Kitchen Garden after all.
Some things we have made in our Kitchen Garden Kitchen recently:
- Sweet corn Fritters
- Onion Pakora
- Spiced Prince squash, leek, cheddar and butterbean patties
- Whole beetroot stuffed with somerset goats curd and lemon ricotta cream
- Tomato and Goats Camembert tart
- Balsamic Onion and Feta Babka
- Vegan Leek Babka
- Prince Squash and sweetcorn soup
- Spanakopita with a garlic and watercress salad
- Spice pea, cauliflower, squash, leek and lentil dahl pockets made with rough spelt puff
- Vegetable curries galore and more … come on our course and be inspired.
Start time: 10am
Finish time: 3pm
Course time: 4-5 hours
Course limited to 4 people
- Discovering Vegetables£150+£3.75 Service fee£150+£3.75 Service fee0£0